Posted: May 15, 2020
Hardware Design Engineer
Work on our product Artemis, a 3D semi-robotic prostate biopsy system that is being used on patients daily to provide accurate, repeatable biopsies. Design and develop embedded systems to be integrated (including testing and integration) into the device, create compact Printed Circuit board Layout designs, develop firmware for microcontroller programming and assist in validation of system design working in a closely-knit team of scientists and developers.
Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering or closely related
Demonstrated proficiency in use of the following (may be obtained through coursework or project):
- Sensors and motors
- Micro-controller programming
- PCB fabrication
- Design tools including SolidWorks and AutoCAD
Domestic travel, approximately 10 trips/year for approximately up to 3 days at a time.
Location(s) of Employment
Eigen Health Services
13366 Grass Valley Ave., Ste. A
Grass Valley, CA 95945
Senior Manufacturing Engineer
- Reporting to the Manufacturing Manager, the Senior Manufacturing Engineer is responsible
for providing expert daily support to the production line with specific regard to
product quality, product cost, and process improvements.
- Regularly interact with cross functional teams to accomplish project specific goals
in addition to being the resident expert with manufacturing processes.
- Team with manufacturing and quality personnel on a daily basis to review / disposition
production defects and provide potential process and/or equipment corrective actions
to assure production schedules and quality expectations are met.
- Review product field returns to determine root cause of potential manufacturing
defects then develop and implement effective corrective actions.
- Support new product development, quality improvement, and integration projects.
- Maintain communications between Manufacturing, Quality, Maintenance, and Planning
on an as needed basis.
- Follow established guidelines and management direction with regard to engineering
decisions and departmental/company policy.
- Assist and provide consultation to outside suppliers.
- Develops manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching,
designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment.
- Respond to vendor issues by resolving problems and making decisions regarding the
disposition of non-conforming product.
- Work with assembly technicians to complete testing and deliver results to cross-functional
teams fast and effectively.
- Create, update and manage product specifications, vendor specifications, work instructions,
and deviations needed for production.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical or manufacturing engineering.
- 3 to 5 years years manufacturing/industry experience with small-midsized medical
- Expertise in manufacturing and engineering design process.
- Experience with various standards (60601, 13485, etc.)
- Working ability with SolidWorks.
- DFM & GMP (asset).
5 to 10%
Salary commensurate with experience. Local candidates preferred.
Send cover letter, resume and sample work to email@example.com.