Senior Manufacturing Engineer
- Reporting to the Manufacturing Manager, the Senior Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for providing expert daily support to the production line with specific regard to product quality, product cost, and process improvements.
- Regularly interact with cross functional teams to accomplish project specific goals in addition to being the resident expert with manufacturing processes.
- Team with manufacturing and quality personnel on a daily basis to review / disposition production defects and provide potential process and/or equipment corrective actions to assure production schedules and quality expectations are met.
- Review product field returns to determine root cause of potential manufacturing defects then develop and implement effective corrective actions.
- Support new product development, quality improvement, and integration projects.
- Maintain communications between Manufacturing, Quality, Maintenance, and Planning on an as needed basis.
- Follow established guidelines and management direction with regard to engineering decisions and departmental/company policy.
- Assist and provide consultation to outside suppliers.
- Develops manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment.
- Respond to vendor issues by resolving problems and making decisions regarding the disposition of non-conforming product.
- Work with assembly technicians to complete testing and deliver results to cross-functional teams fast and effectively.
- Create, update and manage product specifications, vendor specifications, work instructions, and deviations needed for production.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical or manufacturing engineering.
- 3 to 5 years years manufacturing/industry experience with small-midsized medical device company.
- Expertise in manufacturing and engineering design process.
- Experience with various standards (60601, 13485, etc.)
- Working ability with SolidWorks.
- DFM & GMP (asset).
Travel:5 to 10%
Salary commensurate with experience. Local candidates preferred.
Send cover letter, resume and sample work to firstname.lastname@example.org.